Setting Up A US Bank Online Account
With headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, US Bancorp is an American diversified financial services holding company. It is the fifth largest bank in the United States according to its $384.2 billion in assets, is the fourth largest in the US in total bank branches, is the fifth largest bank in the US based on deposits with $263.7 billion in deposits since June 30, 2014, and is the parent company of the US Bank National Association.
The branch network of US Bank covers 25 Western and Midwestern states with 5,005 ATMs and 3,174 banking offices. US Bancorp provides wealth management services, business and consumer banking, global payment services, and national wholesale and trust services to more than 15.8 million customers and employs more than 65,000 people. A nationally chartered bank, US Bank is regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Department of the Treasury.
Thus, if you already have in your possession, US Bank account, or more specifically, a US Bank ATM card or credit card, a US Bank checking, savings, loan, line, lease account, a US Bank home mortgage account, or a US investments brokerage account and you would like a US Bank online account, all you need is a desktop, a laptop, or a mobile device with a safe, reliable, and stable Internet connection. You are also required to have a web browser program, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari. Definitely, you must also have your US Bank personal banking details set for inputting online.
One of the benefits of having an US Bank login is that it can be loaded in all web browsers. Afterwards, you can utilize this online account to pay bills, transfer funds, shop, check and monitor your balance, etc.
Found next are the steps and images to help you in setting your very own US Bank online banking account.
• Go to a web browser program and go to the US Bank home page at www.usbank.com. Click on the “Enroll Now” blue button on the right side of the webpage.
• It is not a given that the webpage will look like it does so on picture number one. However, you should attempt to look for the “Enroll Now” hyperlink on the webpage and click on it. You can also go directly to https://onlinebanking.usbank.com/Auth/EnrollmentDesktop/Verification so you no longer need to go to the US Bank main webpage.
• You should always take into consideration that there might be instances wherein you may see another person’s US Bank account and not the previous webpage as in the image above. In these instances, you should first sign out. Then, just refresh the page. If it happens that the page is still not appearing on the screen, you should simply delete the cookies, cache, and/or passwords from the web browser you are using. If you still cannot see the webpage with its attached links, close your current web browser and open the US Bank webpage on a new web browser.
• As soon as it has finished loading, tick the radio button “Personal” or “Business” depending on your type of account. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will be picking “Personal”.
• If it is “Personal” and a “Personal Checking, Savings or Money Market Account”, you will be asked for your “Account Number, Check Card Number or ATM Card Number”, your “Check Card or ATM Card PIN”, and the “Last 4 Digits of Your Social Security Number”. Note that all of these are required. Afterwards, click on “Continue”.
• A couple of notes on your Account Information. First, for your “Account Number, Check Card Number or ATM Card Number”, you have to enter your full 16-digit U.S. Bank check card or ATM card number or your full U.S. Bank checking or savings account number, removing any spaces and hyphens. You can see this number in the upper right hand side of your bank statement or at the bottom of your checks. Second, your “Check Card or ATM Card PIN” is the PIN attached to your account. If you have forgotten your PIN, call 800-US BANKS or 800-872-2657 to get your new PIN mailed to you. Alternatively, you can visit your local branch. Last, for the “Last 4 Digits of Your Social Security Number”, if you have a joint account, kindly input your social security number and not your joint account holder’s social security number.
• If it is “Personal” and a “Credit Card, Premier Line or Credit Line account”, enter all of the required fields of “Credit Card, Premier Line or Credit Line Account Number”, your “…card information or your 4-digit PIN”, and the “Last 4 Digits of Your Social Security Number”. Click on “Continue” when done.
• If you have a “Personal” account that is a “Mortgage, Line of Credit, Installment Loan or Lease”, input your “Mortgage, Line of Credit, Installment Loan or Lease Account Number”, your “ZIP Code”, and the “Last 4 Digits of Your Social Security Number” and click “Continue”.
• Lastly, if you have a “Personal” “Brokerage account with U.S. Bancorp Investments”, enter your “Brokerage Account Number”, your “ZIP Code” and the “Last 4 Digits of Your Social Security Number” and hit “Continue”.
• Once you have gone through this process, congratulations! You now have US bank access online, otherwise known as US bank internet banking!